Union Berlin beats Eintracht Frankfurt and is third

Union Berlin beats Eintracht Frankfurt and is third

Dhe 1.FC Union Berlin underpinned the claim to the Champions League places in the Bundesliga in the duel between the teams that failed in international business during the week. After the 2-0 (0-0) win against Eintracht Frankfurt, the Berliners climbed to third place on Sunday with 48 points and distanced their pursuers from Hesse, who were in sixth place and still have 40 points. In front of 22,012 spectators in the An der Alten Försterei stadium, Rani Khedira and substitute Kevin Behrens (75th) scored the goals for the Irons in the 53rd minute.

Union coach Urs Fischer completed the announced rotation with five players and ordered Paul Seguin, Janik Haberer, Niko Gießelmann, Timo Baumgartl and Jordan Siebatcheu into the starting line-up. Furthermore, Fischer, like his Frankfurt colleague, had to Oliver Glasner do without the regular captain.

Berlin’s Christopher Trimmel was absent, as in the 3-0 defeat at Royale union Saint Gilloise in the Europa League due to illness, Frankfurt’s Sebastian Rode was suspended from the yellow card. Randal Kolo Muani, who missed the 3-0 defeat in Naples in the Champions League due to a red card suspension, was available again.

After the strenuous last few English weeks, both teams initially acted on the back burner, so that there was no real flow of play. It was usually only dangerous in front of the goal after standard situations. That’s how top strikers forgave Kolo Muani the first real chance in the 16th minute after a free kick. Union had two chances through Sheraldo Becker (13′) and Haberer (21′), but both missed the goal.

The pace picked up as the first half progressed and both teams created several chances. The Union goalkeeper, who had been acting in an appealing form for weeks, thwarted Frederik Ronnow a possible deficit when he saved from the free Daichi Kamada in the 34th minute, Kolo Muani heading over five minutes later.

On the other hand, Siebatcheu narrowly missed a Becker cross in the 37th minute, Seguin failed after 40 minutes to national goalkeeper Kevin Trapp, Rafael Borré shortly before the break to Rönnow and again Kolo Muani after a corner with a head on the post.

After the change of sides, the home side were able to use their first opportunity to take the lead. Khedira used a corner from Gießelmann to take the lead from around five meters out of the crowd (53′). Union then acted much more agile, while Frankfurt had to nibble on the backlog. Becker completed a counterattack after 68 minutes, but was just offside when he accepted the ball.

Frankfurt tried individual actions through the energetic Kolo Muani and substitute Lucas Alario, but both got stuck in defence. Behrens, on the other hand, made the decision with a shot through Trapp’s legs fifteen minutes before the end.

Source link