NA rocket hit the site of the nuclear power plant "South Ukraine" on Monday night. The power plant is located on Ukrainian-controlled territory north of the city of Mykolaiv. The power plant operator Enerhoatom published pictures of a crater, which is said to be 300 meters from the nuclear power plant, and other destruction on Telegram.
Enerhoatom announced that the blast shattered numerous window panes and destroyed three high-voltage power lines. According to the operator, however, all three reactors are running normally and no one was injured in the attack. The President of Ukraine Volodymyr Zelenskyy blamed Russia for the attack. He wrote about the rocket hit on social media that Russia was a danger to the whole world. "We must stop it before it's too late."
Apparently it is him Ukraine managed to establish a bridgehead on the eastern side of the Oskil River during the counter-offensive in the east of the country. “The Ukrainian forces have overcome the Oskil. Since yesterday, Ukraine has also controlled the left bank," the press office of the Ukrainian Armed Forces said on Sunday via video on its Telegram channel. The video shows a tank crossing the river and being met by Ukrainian soldiers on the other bank.
Ukrainian troops in the Luhansk region
Earlier there were reports that Kyiv had secured control of the eastern part of the city of Kupyansk. The city of Kupyansk is separated in the middle by the Oskil, the bridge over the river was badly damaged during the hasty retreat of Russian troops in early September. Since then, the wide river has formed a natural barrier. Behind it, the Russian troops set up a new line of defense against a further advance of the Ukrainian army in the direction Luhansk to prevent.
Apparently, Ukrainian troops are already advancing elsewhere in the Luhansk region. On Monday, images of Ukrainian troops in the village of Bilohorivka, close to the border with Donetsk Oblast, circulated on social media. The complete capture of the Luhansk and Donetsk oblasts was announced by the Kremlin as a primary war goal after the withdrawal from the areas north of Kyiv.
Forced mobilizations in the "People's Republics"
The Luhansk separatists' "supreme court" sentenced two members of the Organization for Security and Cooperation (OSCE) special observation mission to 13 years in prison. They are accused of having passed on "secret information to foreign secret services".
The American Institute for the Study of War reports on Russian recruitment efforts to compensate for the shortage of soldiers. Accordingly, the Kremlin relies on the mobilization of poorly trained volunteer units that would be sent to the front without adequate training. "Forced mobilizations" are increasingly taking place, especially in the territory of the "People's Republics".
There are reports that men from the Luhansk region are being banned from traveling to Russia so that they cannot evade mobilization attempts. Sometimes residents resist this practice. Ukrainian media reported the case of a young mother from the city of Olchevsk who lay down in front of a bus to prevent her husband, who had previously been conscripted, from being taken away.