Eintracht Frankfurt wins in Marseille

Iis this the breakthrough? After the last two weak competitive games, Eintracht showed a strong fighting spirit in the highest European competition and their well-known successful international away face.

On Tuesday evening, coach Oliver Glasner's Frankfurt team managed a perhaps groundbreaking 1-0 in Marseilles. For the Hessians it was the first victory in the Champions League campaign and after the 0:3 in the opening game against Sporting Lisbon, which also won the second group game against Tottenham Hotspur 2:0, the right signal at the right time. The only goal was scored by Jesper Lindström, who made Eintracht feel happy in the 43rd minute.

Next stands for unity in the Champions League the home game on October 4 (9 p.m. in the FAZ live ticker for the Champions League and at Dazn) against Tottenham on the program. Possibly without a spectator.

Serious riots broke out around the game in Marseille. Two hours before kick-off there was plenty of lighting. Cannon bangs caused loud bangs around the arena and later also in the stadium. Bengalos also burned again and again; fireworks also flew into the sky. It was a very heated atmosphere overall, and it was no wonder that the police had increased their forces to a good 1,000 officers in the French Mediterranean metropolis. 3300 fans of Eintracht had received a ticket for the second premier class game of Frankfurt.

Because last season in the semi-final second leg against West Ham United, Frankfurt supporters stormed onto the field after the end of the game on May 5 to celebrate together with the players who had reached the final, the European Football Union (UEFA) a fine of 80,000 euros and a suspended game for two years.

There is much to suggest that Eintracht, which is playing on probation, will be drastically held responsible for the derailments of their so-called fans and that a ghost game is imminent. About half an hour before the scheduled kick-off, there were more bad ones riots given, which should result in a punishment for both clubs. Bengalos and rockets kept flying from both fan blocks into the other spectator area. A life-threatening situation for those directly affected.

Source link