Boateng sticks to revision after conviction




If the judgment from autumn 2022 against Jérôme Boateng becomes final, the former national player would have a criminal record.
Image: SVEN SIMON

The lawyer for former national player Jérôme Boateng announced that the revision would be “carried out”. In autumn 2022, Boateng was fined 1.2 million euros for bodily harm.

Ex international Jerome Boateng will continue to appeal against his conviction for assault. His lawyer Norman Nathan Gelbart told the German Press Agency on Monday that “the revision will be carried out”.

In November he said that Boateng wanted to wait for the written judgment, which is now available, to make a final decision on whether he wanted to maintain the appeal. According to the Munich I Regional Court, the deadline for justifying the appeal should end this Thursday.

The court had sentenced the 34-year-old to a fine of 120 daily rates of 10,000 euros each for attacks on his ex-girlfriend in autumn 2022 – a total of 1.2 million euros. Should the verdict become final, the 2014 soccer world champion would have a criminal record.

His former partner, who appears in the proceedings as a joint plaintiff, also filed an appeal and, according to a court spokesman, has already justified it. The public prosecutor’s office had also filed an appeal last year.

The Bavarian Higher Regional Court must now decide whether there may have been legal errors in the judgment against Boateng.



Source link