Attacker wanted to break Nancy Pelosi’s kneecaps

Attacker wanted to break Nancy Pelosi’s kneecaps

DAvid DePape, who assaulted and seriously injured husband Nancy Pelosis in San Francisco on Friday morning, wanted to hold the Speaker of the House hostage and possibly smash her kneecaps. That’s according to a lawsuit filed by the Northern California Federal District Court on Monday evening. The 42-year-old man, who was charged by the California judiciary on Friday with, among other things, attempted murder, must now also answer for the attempted kidnapping of a public official and the attack on a relative of a public official, according to local federal prosecutors.

Majid Sattar

Political correspondent for North America based in Washington.

DePape, equipped with a backpack containing a hammer, cable ties and a rope, broke into the Pelosis’ house in Pacific Heights, a posh San Francisco district, on Friday night. As he smashed the window of the back entrance with a second hammer, he woke up 82-year-old Paul Pelosi. Wife Nancy was in Washington DC on Friday night – originally she wanted to stay in the capital because of the election campaign.

“Where’s Nancy?”

The attacker didn’t know that. The intruder said he planned to confront Pelosi, who he considered “the leader of a pack of liars” within the Democratic Party. He repeatedly called out, “Where’s Nancy?” When the husband replied that she wasn’t there, the intruder said he would wait for her. Pelosi then pointed out that she was away for several days. Then DePape got the zip ties to tie up Pelosi. He first wanted to reach the elevator because there is a telephone in it. He later managed to escape to the bathroom, where he used his cellphone to call 911 at 2:23 a.m. He did not end the call but attempted to pass coded information to the police about his conversation with the intruder.

When the police arrived at the scene, Pelosi and DePape were engaged in a fight, both of them wrestling for the gavel. The police asked what was going on. DePape initially replied that everything was fine. He then grabbed the hammer and hit Pelosi on the head with it. He fell unconscious to the ground. The police officers then overpowered the perpetrator. Pelosi suffered, among other things, a fractured skull and is still in the hospital. Nancy Pelosi arrived in San Francisco on Friday.

Source link